Hamilton’s NDP have forgotten their Steel-town rootsPublished on May 30, 2019
MPP Skelly alone stands up for the people of Hamilton
Hamilton - NDP Leader Andrea Horwath, MPP for Hamilton Centre, and her local NDP caucus colleagues voted against what matters most to the people of Hamilton, charged Donna Skelly, MPP for Flamborough-Glanbrook.
“Andrea Horwath and her MPPs have forgotten their steel-town roots by voting against protecting what matters most to the people of Hamilton,” said Skelly.
Paul Miller (Hamilton East-Stoney Creek), Sandy Shaw (Hamilton West-Ancaster-Dundas) and Monique Taylor (Hamilton Mountain) joined the NDP on May 29th to vote against:
- Increased GO Train service in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area
- Funding to Hamilton Health Sciences for the redevelopment of West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
- a $3.5 billion increase in provincial healthcare funding
- dental care services for Hamilton’s low-income seniors
- a 10 per cent reduction in college and university tuition
“I proudly voted in support of the people of Hamilton,” said Skelly. “Have the NDP forgotten what matters to our local families and workers?”